The “land between” is the place of change and transition. It is where life is not as it once was and there is uncertainty about the future. Some people are suddenly thrown into the land between without any warning.
- Your boss says, “You are being transferred” (or worse, “Your position has been eliminated”).
- Your partner says, “I don’t love you anymore.”
- Your daughter says, “I’m pregnant.”
- Your son calls and says, “I’m at the police station.”
- The doctor says, “The tumor is malignant.”
In a matter of seconds, you are ripped out of your normal life and find yourself in a new and uncertain world.
Others gradually slip into the land between.
- A marriage slowly erodes until both feel like roommates.
- The business slowly bleeds out until there is no more money and you have to close.
- A parent’s memory slowly fades after an Alzheimer’s diagnosis.
- Your health deteriorates after a cancer diagnosis.
This message series (see below) is designed to give you tools to navigate this kind of transitional space in healthy and faithful ways. The land between is a challenging place, and if we are not careful we can slip into self-destructive behaviors that undermine our faith and cause us to lose our way. However, if we stay close to God we can navigate transitions in ways that strengthen our faith and lead to a brighter tomorrow.
Message 1: “I’m Sick of This! Complaining in Times of Transition.”
Message 2: “Bring Your Pain to God: Dealing with Discouragement.”
Message 3: “Divine Provision: How God Works Through Others.”